We believe that volunteerism can transform lives, it benefits both society at large and the individual who volunteers.
SwissLimbs is inspired by the conviction that volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling mobility challenges to disabled people. Everyone can contribute their time, skills and knowledge through volunteer action and their combined efforts can be a significant force to build a better world for all.
Volunteering makes important economic and social contributions and helps to build a more cohesive society by building a relationship of trust among people. It can be both challenging and rewarding and requires one to use skills in a new context. The volunteer can also transfer useful knowledge while gaining a greater understanding of the issues affecting disabled people.
Are you interested and/or available to volunteer your time and skills on a short-term assignment between 1 to 4 weeks? If so, please contact us at email@example.com
for more information. Please include “Volunteer assignments” in the subject line.
Donate used limbs
We can utilize many of the component parts of a used limb. While some parts are old or of no value, often times there are parts that can be used for replacements. With the donation of your used prosthesis, SwissLimbs will be able to help disabled people in financial dire need, based mainly in the developing nations.
- New accessories, including sockets, feet, knees etc.
- Fully functional new and used limbs, crutches, wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment from anywhere in Switzerland
- Fully functional new and used limbs, crutches, wheelchairs, other durable medical equipment from anywhere outside Switzerland with prior written approval from SwissLimbs
We do not accept:
- Used orthotics, corrective shoes or braces
- New and used crutches, wheelchairs, or other durable medical equipment that are not fully functional.
Please pack items suitably for shipping. The contribution of shipping charges is greatly appreciated as we cannot currently pay for shipping of donated items. Please include the donor name, complete mailing address and email if you would like to receive our newsletter
For further information regarding a donation, contact us at:
You may ship directly to:
Via Pobbia 6
6514 Sementina (Ticino)
See also “Donate